Information on Data Protection
Last updated: 25.05.2020 - We will update this information as needed and encourage you to visit this page during your next visit.
If you use the services of our online service (hereafter referred to as the "offer"), you as a user agree that we as the Data Controller (details under Section 6) collect and use the following data in the manner described for the purposes of data protection in the manner described. A list of all our online offers is available on request.
This site also informs you in the context of your rights under Article 12 ff. GDPR below about the nature, purpose and scope of the data collection as well as the use of personal data made via our offer. The statutory framework for this is included in, inter alia, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), the Telemedia Act (TMG) and relevant detailed regulations.
If you wish to contact us regarding protection of your rights as a user, details of the right contact person can be found in Section 6. There are no other costs involved in sending this notification other than the transmission costs in accordance with the basic rate.
Table of Contents
1. Legal basis
2. Nature, scope and purpose of collection, processing and use, data recipients
3. Procedure for optimization
4. Additional applications of our offer (third party and social media)
5. Protection of your rights as data subject (examples)
6. Contact for further questions/suggestions on data protection
1. Legal basis
We only collect, store and use your data arising from the use of our online services, to the extent permitted by law, on the basis of
- a contract or contract-like relationship of trust (Article 6 (1b) GDPR), e.g. in relation to your online application and
- a legal obligation (Article 6 (1c) GDPR)
- consent (Article 6 (1a) GDPR)
- the legitimate interests of our company (Article 6 (1f) GDPR), provided the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the former interests; legitimate interests include, for example, the proper functioning and security of our online offer
2. Nature, scope and purpose of collection, processing and use
Personal data is information which allows conclusions to be drawn about you as a person. This includes data, such as names, contact details, but also photos, information about interests and hobbies or memberships, as well as system-recorded data, such as your IP address or that of your Internet service provider.
Data collected at system level and protection of your privacy
We collect data about every access to our offer in the form of server log files. This contains the name, date and time of web pages viewed, file names, volume of data transferred, access status of the server (file transferred, file not found, command not executed, etc.), browser type and version, and specific browser settings such as country or language characteristics, the user's operating system, previously visited page (referrer), IP address, requesting provider, access method/function (PC, mobile, remote access etc.) required by the requesting computer.
We use this log data only for statistical purposes and for the operation, security and optimization of our offer. No personal references are made and none are sought. However, we reserve the right also to examine log data in detail in an individual case if there is concrete evidence leading to reasonable suspicion of unlawful use.
When contacting us, either by contact form or e-mail, to process your query, we only store and use your details as part of the business purpose stated in each case.
If you provide us with application documents via a web form or by e-mail, we will process and store these in the context and for the duration of the application process for the vacancy you have designated. In the case of unsolicited applications, we will allocate any suitable positions to you. After filling the advertised position, your data will be archived for a maximum of six months in order for us to be able to counter any legal claims. At the end of this retention period, this data will be deleted promptly. We may ask for your written consent to retain your data for a longer period if it is possible that you may be considered in a later call for applications.
If, due to sensitive data, you would like to use our offer under specially protected conditions, we will need–in some cases this is a statutory obligation– either mandatory details for registration or else to process your order as a guest. Contact forms follow the data minimization principle and all mandatory fields will be marked accordingly. Where your consent to the collection and use of your data is required, it will only be provided after prior notice has been given of the purpose of the processing and of your associated rights, whereby this will be carried out verifiably and before you send in your information. Data transmission is encrypted in accordance with current security standards.
Handling data from business partners
Within the scope of processing business partners’ (contact) data, this generally concerns data such as the company address, telephone/fax and mobile telephone numbers, email addresses, tax number, if applicable, of course also non-personal data such as bank accounts or device- and article-specific data and information regarding our business processes, which are required within the scope of orderly business operations (quotations, orders, order confirmations, delivery notes, invoices etc.).
The purpose of data processing of business partner data in our company is the orderly execution of business relationships with exchanges of information, maintaining contact, executing projects (commercial processes) and general correspondence, as well as quality assurance in the form of an annual customer satisfaction questionnaire (for details, see below).
We must point out that in addition to the data that has already been exchanged, in the future we will also store information corresponding to the type described above, because this is indispensable to execute business. It will be used neither for other purposes nor made accessible to third parties and will be protected accordingly by up-to-date, appropriate technical and organisational measures.
After the end of the contract, the data – documents subject to archiving obligations on expiry of the stipulated period – both analogue and digital will be promptly and effectively erased or destroyed.
Any updating, supplementing or erasure (e.g. in the event of a change of contact) of your business data to ensure the availability of the required data may be carried out at any time in direct personal contact, by email, by telephone or, if applicable (as is currently the case), by use of a form.
Webinars & Seminars
We submit further education offers to our business partners, potential customers and employees in the form of seminars, workshops and webinars. For this purpose, if you belong to our target group you will receive an invitation by email in good time before the beginning of a concrete event together with the registration form or with a link to register on our webinar online platform.
If you register for one of our webinars, we will store and use the personal data you enter for this purpose for online invitation management, including attendance confirmation, dial-in data and reminder email. Invitation management and the conduct of the webinars are provided with the help of the Cloud-based platform GoToWebinar from a partner carefully chosen by us, LogMeIn Inc., 320 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210, USA. Because the provider is represented worldwide, the data may also be processed worldwide. For this reason, it provides particularly detailed information about privacy itself at www.logmeininc.com/de/legal/privacy.
If the attendees and lecturer agree, webinars can be recorded in pictures and/or sound in order to forward these recordings to the attendees and other interested parties, if applicable. Furthermore, internal company evaluations are made for billing, quality assurance and to optimise our offers (anonymised or pseudonymised) in the form of registration, attendee and customer satisfaction questionnaire reports.
Customer satisfaction surveys
Within the scope of our lived quality management we are obliged to regularly enquire about and document the satisfaction of our customers with our services. For this purpose, if you belong to this target group you will currently receive an email annually with a link to our online form. To record and prepare the results we use the online platform Lamapoll from our carefully chosen service provider Lamano GmbH & Co. KG, Prenzlauer Allee 36G, 10405 Berlin. The provider makes privacy information available here: https://www.lamapoll.de/Datenschutz-Sicherheit.
We process data received in order to provide our users with an optimal level of support and in cooperation with the respective mandatory bodies. This enables us to avoid unnecessary additional contact processes and means that we can provide you with a single contact person, who will be fully able to address your specific concerns.
We will be happy to provide you with a list of providers participating in our online offers (data processors commissioned by us).
We will not pass on your data to third parties and nor, of course, will we sell it to third parties.
Personal data is not processed outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), unless expressly described otherwise (e.g. Facebook).
Please note that, for technical reasons, if our offer is used with mobile devices (e.g. mobile phones or tablets), precise data on location, including the geographic location of your device, may be collected, used and transmitted. In addition, further data may be collected, processed and used within the scope of the conditions of use of your respective telecommunications provider.
3. Ways of optimizing our offer
The use of our websites is generally possible without providing any personal data. All of the elements mentioned below concerning the measurement of reach and statistics in relation to the behaviour of our users operate, at the very least, with the pseudonymised form of your data; this is because we do not combine user behaviour information with user profiles. Thus, your IP address is registered without any personal details being involved.
Our publicly available offer is generally usable without cookies.
Google Analytics & Search Console
You can prevent the saving of cookies by configuring your browser software accordingly; although this offer points out to users that in this case you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website to their maximum extent. In addition, users can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and relating to their use of the website for Google (including your IP address), as well as the onward processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in, which is available at the following link. The current link is:
4. Additional applications of our offer (Third Party & Social Media)
We round off our offer to you in part by featuring links with carefully selected third-party providers. We assume no liability for either their content or level of compliance with data protection regulations. For technical reasons, third parties also receive your IP address. In your interest, we make every effort to provide content supplied by entities that only use your IP address to supply that content. We do not have any influence, however, over whether the third-party provider also saves your IP address for statistical purposes, for example. If this comes to our notice, we will let you know about it.
Use of social plug-ins or simple links
We offer you the opportunity to show your interest in our offer on the Social Media platforms you use. In doing so, we have, in the interest of protecting your privacy, dispensed with the popular "like" buttons at the foot of the page and, instead, provide you with simple links to our current pages on Facebook.
If you do not want social networks to immediately allocate the data collected via our offer to your respective profile, please log off the corresponding social networks before visiting our offer. You can also control or prevent the loading of the plug-ins with the corresponding add-ons of your internet browser, for example with a script blocker such as "NoScript" (https://noscript.net). Alternatively, you can use a browser that offers better control options for advanced users by default (see section 2). If a user is not a member of the relevant platform, there is still a possibility that it may find out and store his IP address. For this reason, please note the following information on the platform’s data protection scheme.
Our online offer uses Social Plug-Ins ("Plug-Ins") of the social network facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94205, USA, ("Facebook"). According to Facebook, an anonymised IP address is only stored in Germany whenever active buttons are used. So, instead of this, we just use a simple link. Facebook provides its own privacy notices, which are available at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
If you use our job board (http://www.logex-jobs.de) on Facebook, you are also sending your data to the platform operator (Facebook). If you use the "Apply Now" function, the Facebook system suggests data that you have already stored in your profile, in the form of an application form. This is user name, city, phone number and e-mail address as well as your education and work experience. You can change the information as required. In addition, you will have the opportunity to be notified about new job offers. You can view and save the application you have submitted at any time under the function “Applied - To Application" or else in your message mailbox on Facebook. The data storage takes place exclusively at the platform operator (Facebook). In addition, the information sent will be received by our own staff member responsible, for further action. Tools that allow you to control the accessibility of your data on Facebook are provided by the operator at https://www.facebook.com/privacy/.
5. Protection of your rights as data subject (examples)
We have taken a wide range of technical and organisational measures to protect your data to a reasonable degree during processing. We pursue protection-related goals of confidentiality, integrity (completeness and accuracy of your data), availability and accountability (authenticity). Below are a few examples from our scheme.
· The data transfer from our own offer will soon be encrypted according to the current security standard.
· Access to our data processing systems takes place in accordance with stringent authorisation procedures, which are subject to regular review. Statistics on the use of our online offers are either created by the system or by our service providers; they never contain any personal references.
· The analysis of recorded data is usually at least carried out pseudonymised by authorised members of staff, who are committed to complying with data protection and undergo training on a regular basis.
· The business partners that work for us in connection with data processing (outsourcing) are carefully selected in accordance with statutory requirements and are also subject to contractual data protection obligations. If required, compliance with the agreement may also be monitored on site.
· You can revoke your consent to the storage of the data that you have supplied us with at any time, provided it is not required to fulfil the contract or a corresponding, binding legal requirement (e.g. prescribed data retention periods). Your revocation of consent can be sent to the Data Controller mentioned at the end of the document with effect for the future; there are no formal requirements in this context.
· The length of time your data is stored in relation to our online offer depends on the purpose for which it was submitted and is in accordance with legal requirements. It is also in our interest not to keep your data in our systems any longer than necessary. We determine the storage periods necessary as part of our processing operations, as described. By means of suitable technical rules or procedures, deletion periods are also determined and the destruction of any data no longer required is initiated, insofar as technically possible.
· As a user, you have a right to receive information on the personal data stored about you free of charge. You also have the right to have inaccurate data rectified and to have your personal data deleted or restricted, insofar as it is not required for the fulfilment of the contract and insofar as its deletion is not contrary to any legal obligation requiring its retention. You will incur no other costs in connection with sending in such a request, other than the relevant data transmission costs under the basic rate. The right to data portability does not currently apply to our online offers, as we do not retain any corresponding information about you. If you believe that our data processing does not meet legal requirements, we would appreciate it if you notified us accordingly. Your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority remains unaffected.
· In order to ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of the data protection measures implemented, experienced external data protection specialists provide us with assistance, as needed.
If you access pages and files of third parties within our offer and transmit data about yourself in the process, we would like to point out that this data transfer can take place via the Internet in an unencrypted form and that this data might therefore be read by unauthorised persons.
Please note that we have no influence over the collection and use of your data whenever you visit or use our offers via third parties, e.g. our profiles on third-party platforms (for example, on Facebook, as described above). This applies to all of the methods of interaction available, such as posting images/audio material or comments, unless these are not transmitted to our company in a way you can clearly recognize, e.g. by e-mail. The Data Controller in each case will be the operator of the platform you visit and use. The privacy statements and declarations carried on those platforms apply.
6. Contact for further data protection concerns
The Data Controller
LOGEX SYSTEM GmbH & Co. KG
Joseph-Baader-Strasse 8, 85053 Ingolstadt, Germany
Telephone: +49 (0) 841/966 03-0, Email: info(@)logex.de
The Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is at your disposal and will be happy to help you with any further concerns. The best way to reach them is by e-mail.
Kerstin Blossey - Blossey & Partner Datenschutzberatung
Schloss Dürrwangen – Hauptstrasse 3, 91602 Dürrwangen
Telephone: +49 9856/92 19-991, E-mail: datenschutz((at))logex.de
Responsible supervisory authority
You can exercise your right to lodge a complaint with any supervisory authority that is responsible for us:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht - Bavarian State Office for Data Protection Oversight
Promenade 18, 91522 Ansbach, Germany
Telephone: +49 981 180093-0, E-mail: poststelle((at))lda.bayern.de